The consular section of the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia grants for the citizens of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Yemen, Oman and foreign residents living in abovementioned countries visitor, business, tourist and transit visas.
You have to present the following documents to the Embassy of theRepublicofAzerbaijanto theKingdomofSaudi Arabiato obtain a visa:
• Duly completed visa application form.
• Two photos (3-4) for the application form.
• Original and copy of passport. Passport must be valid for at least 6 month prior to the expiry date.
• Invitation letter (could be sent via Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the Republic of Azerbaijan).
• Confirmation/identity letter from work or study place. For business entities this letter should be confirmed and sealed by local Chamber
• Copy of local ID or foreign residents document (Iqama).
• Visa fee receipt from the Banque Saudi Fransi,Riyadh (account number: 098359800223 from February 1, 2016).
All required documents for obtaining a visa also could be sent by mail, but it is recommended to consult with the Consular section before.
Visa processing time takes from 3 to 10 days.
Referring to the Decree of the President of theRepublicofAzerbaijanon amendments of "The Law of theAzerbaijanRepublicfor State Duty", new visa fees ll be applied for foreigners and stateless persons arriving in theRepublicofAzerbaijanas follow:
- Single entry visa- 20 USD
- Multiple entry visa – 350 USD
- Single transit visa – 20 USD
- Double transit visa- 40 USD
NEW BANK REQUISITES from February 1, 2016:
Beneficiary: AZERBAIJAN EMBASSY
Account/IBAN No: SA5655000000098359800223
Swift Code: BSFRSARI
Bank: Banque Saudi Fransi
Branch: Riyadh KSA, Olaya BBC
The Consular section has a right to:
1. Invite applicant to Consular section for interview and clarification his or her personal data.
2. Refuse to grant a visa in case of non-corresponding real personal information with the information presented by applicant, shortage of required documents and matters connected with national security of theRepublic ofAzerbaijan. In this case the Consular section is not responsible for refunding the consular fees made by applicants beforehand.
Conception of visa, category, objective and types
Visa - is the official document providing legal origin to the foreigners and stateless persons:
- For entrance to the country in the visa-required regime;
- For temporarily staying in the country during the period stated in their visas;
- For leaving the country within the rules of boundary supervision during the same period stated in their visas.
Visa consists of three categories - diplomatic, service and ordinary.
Two types of visa - entrance and transit visa granted to the foreigners and stateless persons is formalized as below:
1. Entrance visa - such kind of visa is valid from three days up to three months.
- One time (ordinary) entrance visa - allows entering and exiting the country only one time during its validity period.
- Multiple entrance visas - such kind of visa is valid from 1 year up to 2 years. This visa allows person for multiple entrance-exit to the country during the appropriate period.
If the visa is not used during these periods it expires.
2. Transit visa.
One time or multiple transit visas – are granted to foreigners and stateless persons traveling to third countries via the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Transit visa allows person to stay in theRepublic ofAzerbaijan maximum 5 days.
Foreigners and stateless persons can obtain ordinary (one time) entrance visa within the objectives as mentioned below:
- business purpose
- scientific purpose
- education purpose
- labor purpose
- tourism purpose
- cultural purpose
- sport purpose
- humanitarian purpose
- Purpose of personal visit
Diplomatic and service entrance visa is granted only to persons coming toAzerbaijanwith the official purposes.
Responsibilities and restrictions defined by legislation
According to the Law of the Republicof Azerbaijan“On exiting country, entrance to country and passports” (article No: 12) the foreigners’ and stateless persons’ entrance to the Republicof Azerbaijancan be restricted in cases mentioned below:
1) If it is vital for the protection of national security or public order.
2) If it is significant for protection of rights and legal interests of citizens of Azerbaijan Republic and other persons.
3) If person disordered/violated the laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan in his/her previous visit to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
4) If the person gave false information about himself/herself when applying for the entrance to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
5) If the coming of mentally ill person or the person infected with infectious diseases constitutes a threat to public health (except the persons who do not constitute such threat and arriving at his/her or their legal trustee’s expense for medical treatment);
6) If the person has been extracted from the boundaries of the Republic of Azerbaijan before
7) If a person’s entrance to the Republic of Azerbaijan was considered undesirable.
In these cases, it is rejected to grant a visa to the person.
If there is a bureaucracy in considering the application or it is rejected to consider the application, foreigners and stateless persons can complain about it by administrative means or to the court.
Attention! In case of rejection for granting a visa, the state fee paid by foreigners or stateless persons will not be given back!
Foreigners and stateless persons crossing the border of the Republic of Azerbaijan in violation the requirements of the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On exiting country, entrance to country and passports” without passport, visa or with invalid (unfaithful) passport and other documents, will be returned back.
If the rules of exiting the country and entering the country defined by the law are not obeyed or violated, guilty persons bear administrative and criminal responsibility intended in the legislation of theRepublic ofAzerbaijan.
According to the Code of Administrative Delicts of theRepublicofAzerbaijan, foreigners and stateless persons are responsible in the case stated below:
• For the disordering the rules of staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan or transit passing from the territory of Azerbaijan Republic – foreigners or stateless persons are fined from 300 Manat up to 400 Manat with the extraction from the boundaries in administrative way or without extraction.
• For the loss of documents for temporary or permanent residence in theRepublic ofAzerbaijan or spoiling the documents intentionally –are fined from 15 Manat up to 25 Manat.
The exit of foreigner and stateless persons from the Republic of Azerbaijan can be limited temporarily in the cases mentioned below:
1) If their exit will be contrary to the interests of providing national security – until these basis disappear;
2) If they are accepted as suspicious or accused person on criminal act – until the end of criminal prosecution;
3) If they are condemned for criminal act – until they are set free or faced punishment fully;
4) If there is a civil claim against them - until the civil decision defined by the legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan enters into force.
Attention! Foreigners and stateless persons' registration upon place of stay in the Republic of Azerbaijan
Foreigners or stateless persons temporarily staying in the Republic of Azerbaijan for more than 10 days should be registered upon place of stay, For this purpose, management of the place of stay of the foreigner or stateless person or owner of the residential area should submit the application for registration upon place of stay and copy of the passport (other border crossing document) of that person to the State Migration Service through official website (www.migration.gov.az) of the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan, mail, e-mail (email@example.com) or in person within 10 days after arrival of the person in the country.
Foreigners and stateless persons can also apply themselves in aforementioned way for registration upon place of stay.